We enable people without access to traditional banks (including many women) to expand their businesses, educate their children, save for the future and raise themselves out of poverty. Through Kiva, a non-profit organisation working with microfinance institutions, you choose a borrower to support with a loan of just $25. Similar loans by other lenders are combined until the required total is reached. As your money is repaid you can withdraw it or lend it to someone else. Money that is loaned over and over again does more good than a one-time donation. Join 'Genealogists for Families' - together we are making a difference!

10 September 2012

Make Your Own Personalised Kiva Badge

Genealogists for Families team member Alex (whose genealogy blog is Family Tree Frog) has just told me about a site where we can create personalised dynamic Kiva badges for a blog or Web page......

UPDATE: The site that was mentioned in this post no longer exists. Sorry!

6 comments:

  1. I have added a badge http://anglersrest.blogspot.co.uk/ and a separate page will be added to the top of my blog over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Julie. And I'm looking forward to meeting you in October!

      Delete
  2. I have added an always-visible page to the top of my blog: http://donandkellijourney.blogspot.ca/p/kiva-genealogists-for-families.html

    Thanks to Alex for the instructions -- I learned something new today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli - that's great. It's fun learning new skills, isn't it?! I have added the dynamic badge to all of my blogs, but for some reason it won't work properly on my main Web site. I'll have to use a different Kiva badge/logo there.

      Delete
  3. Judy I came across this award today and I'd like to nominate you for the HUG Award....Hope Unites Globally. What you have done to set up and continue the GFF group definitely fits the Award's raison d'etre. You can read more about it here & also pick up the image for your blog. Thanks for all you do to bring hope to the world! You're a star!!

    http://ahopefortoday.com/2012/01/14/hope-unites-globally-hug-award-guidelines/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow!! Pauleen, I am at a loss for words. That is so sweet of you! I will follow through with this very soon.

      Delete